How to Prepare Raw Herbs
- Put the herbs in a medium pot and cover with 4-6 cups of water.
- Cook on a low boil until about 2 cups of liquid remain (20-30 minutes).
- Strain the liquid. Save the cooked herb.
- Take two doses per day between meals.
- Repeat with the same herbs the next day.
Each pack of raw herbs should yield two cup-size doses per day, for two days.
Note: Depending on the amount of herbs in your formula, you may want to use a little more or a little less water. Aim to have about two cups of liquid after each boiling. If you have a lot of remaining liquid, you can save it for later.
Chinese herbal medicine is designed to substantially improve your health. The herbs are not inert. Minor side-effects may arise, and are part of the process of honing your formula over time. Email (or phone) support is an important part of herbal therapy. Please drop me a note and let me know how it’s going, or with any questions, no matter how small. firstname.lastname@example.org